Following the mandates ordered throughout the Diocese by the Most Reverend Anthony B. Taylor, Bishop of Little Rock, our parish is implementing preventative measures to stop the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
The following measures are being taken:
1) The Sunday Mass obligation is dispensed for all Catholics effective immediately. Public Masses shall be suspended starting the weekend of March 21-22, except for small groups at the discretion of the priest. Whenever possible Churches will be kept open during daylight hours for private prayer and Eucharistic Adoration as an alternative to Sunday Mass.
2) All non-essential gatherings at Parishes for the rest of March and April are cancelled or postponed, pending further notice. This includes but is not limited to previously-scheduled Confirmation ceremonies.
3) All communal penance services are cancelled. Face-to-face confessions are suspended, and confessions may only be heard with a physical screen/barrier.
4) All Holy Water fonts shall be drained and dried until further notice.
5) Except for very small parishes, only those entering the Church through RCIA may be present physically for the Triduum. All others may participate in Triduum services via TV or electronic media.
6) On Palm Sunday, priests will hold a short private service, after which people may pick up blessed palms, which will be made available outside of church.
7) By April 15, I will make a determination regarding extending any of the above through the month of May.
St. John Catholic Church is implementing the following:
1) We are live-streaming weekend Masses:
You can watch our live-stream Masses on Facebook & Instagram. Click "here" to get links and to learn more.
2) Blessed Sacrament Chapel is closed:
Due to the chapel's small size and to help prevent the spread of illness, we have locked the doors until further notice. You can watch a live-stream of Eucharistic Adoration at 11:00 AM following the English live-stream Mass.
3.) Scheduled Private Confessions Only:
You can schedule a private confession with a priest by contacting the church office.
4.) Social Media Content:
Resources are being dispersed through our website and social media accounts. Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
5.) Catholic media networks and Organizations such as EWTN offer televised, radio broadcasted, and social media streamed events.
6.) Ask for spiritual communion!
I believe that You
are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment
receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.