Following the mandates ordered throughout the Diocese by the Most Reverend Anthony B. Taylor, Bishop of Little Rock, our parish is implementing preventative measures to stop the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
The following measures are being taken:
1) The Sunday Mass obligation is dispensed for all Catholics effective immediately. Public Masses shall be suspended starting the weekend of March 21-22, except for small groups at the discretion of the priest.
3) Face-to-face confessions are suspended, and confessions may only be heard with a physical screen/barrier.
4) All Holy Water fonts shall be drained and dried until further notice.
5) According to our public health officials, physical separation needs to continue to be maintained for the time being, so I am extending our present suspension of activities (and the corresponding dispensation of the Sunday obligation).
St. John Catholic Church is implementing the following:
1) We are live-streaming weekend Masses:
You can watch our live-stream Masses on Facebook. Click "here" to get links and to learn more.
2) Blessed Sacrament Chapel is open, for limited days & hours:
The Blessed Sacrament Chapel is open on Thursdays & Fridays from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Social distancing & masks are still mandatory!
3.) Reconciliation (Confessions):
You can receive the Sacrament of Reconcilliation (confession) on Thursdays from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM, and on Saturdays from 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM.
4.) Social Media Content:
Resources are being dispersed through our website and social media accounts. Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
5.) Catholic media networks and Organizations such as EWTN offer televised, radio broadcasted, and social media streamed events.
6.) Ask for spiritual communion!
I believe that You
are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment
receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.